Grilled Salmon Teriyaki

Boredom is the mother of variation - that's according to me. ;) We love grilled salmon but so far we only do it one way. And I'm ready to give a go on some other flavours. Years ago I did a grilled salmon recipe that involves putting some kind of gremolata on top with lots of garlic, pesto, and I think sun-dried tomatoes. It was fab! Unfortunately I've lost my copy so my search is on for that award-winning recipe. Meanwhile, last night I have to prepare my meal in a hurry. Here comes Delia Smith's recipe of Teriyaki Salmon to the rescue though I have to change the measurement of practically every ingredient. But it's very simple and easy to make with the salmon coming out very nice golden brown. Yum!

Teriyaki Grilled Salmon

  • 600 gm salmon fillets
  • 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 Tbsp grated ginger
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup rice wine
  • 2 tsp sugar

  1. Mix all ingredients, except the salmon, in a shallow dish. Marinate salmon in this concoction for 1-2 hours in the fridge turning it once in a while.
  2. Preheat oven grill to the highest setting for 10 minutes.
  3. Spread a little oil on the grilling pan to be used and put under the grill until hot.
  4. Place salmon fillets skin side down on the pan and position about 3 inches under the grill. Cook for about 6-7 minutes. Dish up and serve.
Previous
Next Post »