Strawberry Basil Mango Salsa

I love adding them to lemonade to balance out the tartness of the lemon juice.  Strawberry mango paletas are a wonderful summer treat and smoothies accented by these two fruits are always my top choice.
Salsas are a staple in my home and I thought it was time for my pico de gallo to get a revamp with this fruit combination.  It’s a great topper for fish tacos and savory chicken tostadas.
Ingredients
  • 20 strawberries rinsed, hulled and chopped in small cubes
  • 2 large mangos, peeled
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely diced
  • 1 serrano chile, finely diced
  • 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, I used Pompeian
  • 3 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
Instructions
  1. Make mango ribbons by slicing with potato peeler.
  2. In a large bowl add strawberries, mangos, onions, basil and serrano chile.
  3. In a medium separate bowl, whisk with a fork grapeseed oil, lime juice and balsamic vinaigrette.
  4. Pour vinaigrette mixture over fruit mixture and fold all ingredients with a large wooden spoon to combine.
Previous
Next Post »